Updated: Nov 29
Inkless scar & stretchmark revision is a specialized cosmetic procedure aimed at reducing the appearance of scars & stretch marks on the skin.
Stretch marks (scientifically known as striae) are often the result of rapid skin stretching or changes in weight, and they can occur during pregnancy, growth spurts, or due to various factors. While it's challenging to completely erase scars & stretch marks, several treatments and procedures can help improve their appearance:
Common scar revision techniques include:
1. Topical Treatments: These may include silicone gels or sheets, which can help flatten and soften the appearance of scars over time. Some topical treatments also contain ingredients like vitamin E, which are believed to have scar-improving properties.
2. Steroid Injections: For raised or hypertrophic scars, corticosteroid injections can help reduce inflammation and flatten the scar tissue.
3. Laser Therapy: Various laser treatments, such as fractional laser therapy, can be used to improve the appearance of scars. Laser therapy can help remodel collagen and reduce redness or discoloration in scars.
4. Surgical Scar Revision: In some cases, surgical scar revision may be necessary. This involves removing the old scar tissue and re-closing the wound with careful suturing techniques to minimize scarring. This is often done for wider or more prominent scars.
5. Dermabrasion: This technique involves removing the top layers of skin to improve the appearance of scars. It is often used for acne scars and may require several sessions.
6. Micro-needling: Also known as collagen induction therapy, micro-needling uses tiny needles to stimulate collagen production in the skin, which can help improve the texture and appearance of scars.
7. Injectable Fillers: Dermal fillers can be used to fill in sunken scars or those with an indentation. This provides a more even skin surface.
At AM Beauty HI, our inkless scar & stretchmark revision technique is performed with a tattoo machine & tattoo needles. But instead of tattoo ink, we use medical grade serums formulated specifically to improve the appearance of scars & stretchmarks. This allows us to target small areas such as individual acne scars & trace along stretchmarks to even out tone & texture to blend in seamlessly with the normal skin surrounding them.